Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Week 44 Arizona

"ALL THINGS HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE WISDOM OF HIM WHO KNOWETH ALL THINGS." -2 Nephi 2:24

"OH BE WISE, WHAT CAN I SAY MORE?" -Jacob 6:12

"...BE WISE LIKE SERPENTS AND HARMLESS LIKE DOVES..." -Matt 10:16

The first scripture of this email is what I like to call my "TRANSFER SCRIPTURE."  I found it sometime last transfer and it just jumped out to me. Our Heavenly Father really does have so much wisdom. He has prepared us far in advance and now all we have to do is trust in His great wisdom. (Ether 2:23-24) He, through his wisdom, prepares us, directs us, helps us grow, and gives us what we need. So why is it so hard to trust him sometimes? This is a thought I have been pondering for quite awhile. Why? We know that He knows all things, has all power, and loves us deeper and more fully then we could ever comprehend. So what is it that we lack yet?

In the General Women's meeting, I loved all that was said about temples. When you watch, listen, or read those inspired talks you get to learn what Father wants you to know. Here are a few things that He wanted to teach me.

1Corinthians 6 we learn that WE ARE TEMPLES. The Spirit is in us, just as it is in the temple. But we must be pure and holy. So with this in mind look at all we learned from our leaders.

From Sister Marriott (who was my favorite from the night) we learned how with every temple built the influence of Satan is lessened. So as each of us make it a goal to fulfill the scripture in 1Corinthians 6 we are helping to rid this world of Satan's influence. What power we have. We really do have a HUGE circle of influence around us. So how are we going to use that influence? If there are things you could be doing better (and there always are) to make yourself more like a temple, I invite you to make a goal and a game plan.

THE BEST TIME TO PLANT A TREE WAS 40 YEARS AGO, THE 2ND BEST TIME IS NOW. I know that you can do it because you have the power of Christ to make those changes. HE WILL HELP YOU. When we change to be better we change through the atonement. We are changing through Christ. So it only makes sense that He would be there to help us through the whole process. We've all heard the saying that it may not be easy, but it will always be worth it.

So I invite you all to close your umbrellas and soak in the blessings that Father has pouring down on you. I know that you will never regret it (Luke 9:62). Put your hand to the plow and don't look back. Look toward the temple. Keep the temple ever in you sights. There is so much power in this. You can't get to the temple if you are looking at the world. I know that to be true.

I know that God lives. I know that He is my Father and your Father. I know that Christ is His only Begotten Son who died for us but who now lives for us. I know that He Loves YOU/US with every imperfection, defect, or flaw. He loves us so much that He made a way for us to over come this world. We can do it now! I love this work. I love this gospel. And I know it to be true.

Sister Raynor

No comments:

Post a Comment