Monday, October 6, 2014

Philippines Week 49

FAMILY!!!
This week was pretty stressful for many reasons. The main reason is because we were informed of some potential danger in our area. This prevented us from proselyting in most of our area and not being able to go visit our baptism goal dates. We had two investigators that should have been baptized on Saturday. As we called them to tell them that their baptism would have to be pushed back, they expressed their excitement for their upcoming baptism and their goal of making it to the temple in a year. We really felt that we needed to work really hard and find another way to teach them so that they could be ready for October 4. As we were thinking about this, we got a text from a branch member that informed us that it was safe to go through the area on a jeepney. We were so excited! That day, the Calagos family had their interviews and were able to be baptized on October 4. I love this area so much.  The branch is so willing to do their part. As we hurriedly prepared for the baptism, members started to really respond. On Saturday night as we walked into the church, I was amazed. The Spirit in the room seemed to just “whoosh” around us. It was by far the most “rushed” baptism that I have had on my mission but because of the love of the members here it was the most spiritual and beautiful baptism that I have been to on my mission. We were able to complete the Calagos family (the wife and two daughters were baptized in September),
Quick share from my scripture reading: 1 Corinthians 2:9à “Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him”
I know that eternal and everlasting blessings are prepared for is if we but love God enough to keep His commandments and make sacred covenants with Him. 
  • MLC--Missionary Leadership Correlation-- At the mission home. I got to see Elder Jarvis, Sister Udall Sister Hart from my batch. It was super good to see them. Its crazy to see the changes that each of us have made in the last 12 months.
  • It[s October! I am so excited for Halloween!
  • We had a breakout in my apartment of lice and flees... that is all that I'm going to say about that.
  • I got to hang out with Elder and Sister Gorringe at a zone meeting. I love them. They made my day.
  • We got stuck in a rainstorm so we went to the nearest members house. It was a less active, tatay Perpecto. He is my favorite. As we were waiting for the rain to stop, he had the news on. A big warning popped up about a volcano spewing ash in another part of the Philippines. It was a warning for all pregnant women to evacuate. It then showed a room with 656 pregnant women. As all of this is happening, tatay goes " patay! No self control...Nope. None."
  • This morning, we were able to wake up early and go play Frisbee at the mission home with the Assistants to the President, office elders and Sister Dahle (mission president's wife). It was super fun.
  • We were also taught a lot about the importance of family history. I am not converted to family history. There is literally no other church and no other way to provide salvation for our deceased. They need ordinances performed on their behalf. If you have questions about this please visit:   https://www.lds.org/topics/family-history/purpose-family-history-work?lang=eng
I love you all! Until next week, Sister Raynor.


 Me and my batch at MLC (missionay leadership conference) Elder Jarvis and Sister Udall and Elder C and Sister Hart.






No comments:

Post a Comment