Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Week 5 Philippines

So this week was nuts! 
We had my first baptism: Renzlee Regunay.  She is 11 years old and really excited about the gospel.  It was really neat- even though only 4 members showed up and the Branch President called 5 minutes before saying that he wasn’t coming. 
We had follow up training on Friday.  I got to see all of my MTC batch which was fun - a good milestone. I can’t believe that I have been here for more than a month - next week is my first transfer!  We also had companion exchanges. I got to work with my lola (grandmother) we actually all live in the same apartment.  It was so great and fun to be with an American.  I learned so much from her. 
I tried liver this week.  I had no idea what it was except that the texture was so strange.  On the way home they told me that it was liver.  Sister Hart (one of the sisters in the apartment with us - from Australia) tried Balut.  She did so great.  My companion wouldn’t let me try it because I was sick the day before from bad water.  But I almost threw up when I saw it.  I told the ladies selling it that I will try it on Tuesday so I’ll write about that next week.  I don’t have too much time but I love you all so much. 
And happy birthday to Shay, Seth at Caroline.



Happy Thanksgiving to all of you Americans that are celebrating!
Love you.  Sister Raynor



A sticker in a tricyle that says pray for us- which is how I feel in anytime of vehicle here.





Me at the mission home.




All of the San Felipe  Branch missionaries.




Elder Christensen and Renzlee(our new convert).

No comments:

Post a Comment