Monday, May 26, 2014

Week 25 Arizona

          I am now in Tempe with Hermana Arellano. This last week has been so awesome. I'm pretty sure I have spoken more Spanish in the last 4 days that she and I have been companions, than I did in the entire last transfer. It has been so awesome. The new ward that I work in is sweet too, though there are a lot more white people in it, mostly RM's and their families (the bishop, ward mission leader, etc). Hermana Arellano is awesome. She is from Mexico City but her English is almost perfect.  
          She has 3 months left in the mission and she wants to go out with a bang, so we decided we want to find and baptize a family. Our plan is essentially to work till we're dead. We get up at 6am so we can have more time for companion study, we take 30 minutes for breakfast, 30 minutes for lunch, 30 minutes for online, and 30 minutes for dinner (when we don't have it).  We are making every Sunday fast Sunday. She is just as dedicated to becoming consecrated as I am...Its awesome. Each night, as soon as we finish planning, I kid you not, as soon as my head hits the pillow, I am dead asleep. It feels good to be working hard and to feel like I'm contributing again. 
          So right now they have us living in a house with a member just until the end of the month, then we will be able to get into a new apartment. It was super funny (not really though,) we didn't know we were moving (we were in an apartment with other sisters) so our first day together was all packing. We got to Sister Brown's house (super old lady) and we knocked on her door and she said she didn't know that we were coming...and that she has a scorpion problem!! So we called the housing coordinators and they said we weren't supposed to move...the AP's messed up. So we made some more phone calls and we ended up staying there, with Sister Brown and the scorpions. Also this lady (80's) has the most food storage in the world! Mom, it puts you to shame!  We counted, she has 96 lbs of peanut butter, from the 90's. It is crazy...

That's all I got for this week.

Con Amor,
Hermana Raynor
  

No comments:

Post a Comment