Monday, May 5, 2014

Philippines Week 27

Hi family! This week has gone by so fast but has been so long at the same time.  So I'm just going to hit the main points of my week:
  • Jess - Jess is our 70 year old investigator. He is really progressing.  He is supposed to be baptized on June 17. He went from two packs of cigarettes a day to 2 cigarettes a day in two weeks.  He has completely given up alcohol and coffee. He also doesn't have teeth.  Like any teeth.  His rich brother was going to buy him some dentures but then Jess got drunk and so his brother decided not to. But Jess is super sarcastic and hilarious.  He is also kind of crazy. We taught him the ten commandments and  to obey and honor the law this week.  After "obey and honor the law" we told him to follow the laws (we are talking laws of the land here...) no matter where you go.  He then stood up and yelled, while pointing his finger: "When you are in Rome act like a Roman!" I love Jess. We were in class on Sunday talking about service and how sometimes, a smile is a way to serve others.  Jess then asked, "Ano gawin mo kung walang ngipin?" (What do you do if you don't have teeth?)  CLASSIC 
  • I went on exchanges with Sister Panal. She is about three feet tall. That was an interesting day. And that's all I have to say about that...
  • Tomorrow marks the third week that I have had the flu.
  • I got a lot of pouch mail--mail from other missionaries. So that was super exciting. Including some letters from my recent converts in San Felipe and 5 letters from Sister Hart.  I miss that girl.
Well that is just about it. I love you all.  Mom--I will skype you next Sunday 8pm your time.  
Cubo.  Sister Raynor
PS: Sorry no pictures because this computer isn't very good. next week.  Cubo.
Happy Birthday to my man BART on May 9th!  (I miss you and my second mom Lisa).

Also, a special shout out to Seth Sherry. Just because I've been thinking about him a lot and I think that he is awesome.  Also my Zone Leader looks a lot like Seth.  
Love you guys, Sister Raynor

                                               Sister Raynor, Sister Panal, Sister Bautista


No comments:

Post a Comment