Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Week 26 Arizona

So this was another awesome week! We are working so hard, sleep has never come so easy, we have been biking a lot, and yesterday it was 117* out! it was frigging hot! Yesterday we got to go to the Visitor's Center, its super nice just working in Tempe, because it's literally a 5 minute drive to the temple, so we can go like every week! We watched the full restoration video (they have a 45 minute one and 75 minute one.) Sometimes, I forget how powerful it is and then every time I watch it the Spirit is just so strong, its awesome.

So on Saturday, we had the craziest lesson ever! We went over to this lady named Eva's house. We met her a week ago, she was sitting outside crying (we think her husband is abusive) and we just talked to her a bit and tried to help.   Anyways, we went over to talk to her but she wasn't home...but her husband was.  As soon as he saw the name tags, he hung up the phone and started yelling at us and swearing, saying they're Catholic and they will never change, and all this stuff - now I'm pretty sure he's abusive.  I'm thinking, lets just testify and get out of here, but my companion asks if we can just sit and get to know him!  He was shocked,  I was shocked, but he said yes! We were there for an hour and a half and by the end he asked us to come back.  He gave both of us hugs and...he kissed my companion. It was sooooooooooooo funny. She was just frozen for a minute.  As soon as we got of there we just started laughing. It was so funny. It definitely made the journal. It's not everyday your companion gets kissed by a drunk man.

Also, weirdest thing ever, Abraham Leach is here, in Tempe. He came to my ward with his wife on Sunday. It was super weird and a bit awkward. I wanted to be all nice and friendly, but I still had to help our investigators at church, and it was just plain weird, talking about home stuff. I admit I was a little cold, but we are having dinner with them next Tuesday, so it can be a little more casual.  Just plain weird.

Sister Raynor








No comments:

Post a Comment