Monday, March 24, 2014

Philippines Week 21

This week has gone by so fast but so much has happened.  
          The first kind of major thing that happened is that my wrist (where I have the metal plate) has started to ache a lot and is make popping sounds.  Its been a struggle not to use it too much but I have an appointment at Baypoint Hospital in Olongapo tomorrow to get it checked out... Hopefully everything will be fine.
          Mom, I think that out of all of your kids I have tried the most exotic foods.  This week I had pating (shark meat) and raw pusit (squid).  Shark meat tasted a lot like tuna or swordfish but it still had some rubbery skin.  Not that bad.  The squid...ayaw ko (I don't like).  Not a fan.  It tasted very chewy and squishy.  I would rather eat balut...
          We had a new Elder transfer into San Felipe. (Our District Leader returned to his original mission in Tacloban... ) His name is Elder Finau he is Tongan but from New Zealand.  He is pretty popular in the branch because he is 6'5" and most of the members are lucky if they are 5'7".
I also had the opportunity to teach Darnel (the Filipino from the US) in English again.  We taught him the Plan of Salvation it was a 2.5 hour lesson -- he had so many questions.  He came to church on Sunday and sat right by me and just kept talking.  Because it was Elder Finau's first Sunday, he bore his testimony in Sacrament.  When he got up, Darnel goes "ooo, I need to meet him. I speak some Samoan and Samoan and Tongan are similar."  After Sacrament meeting, I introduced them and then got called across the room.  After about 10 minutes, I returned to Darnel and walked him to his motorcycle.  I went back to the chapel and Elder Finau came up to me and asked if Darnel was my investigator.  I said yes and asked how Darnel's Samoan was...  Elder Finau just looked at me and said, "that man knows every vulgar, bad word in Samoan -- I don't think he realized that they were bad words though..." I love Darnel.
          We were also able to commit a new investigator to be baptized.  She is so willing and ready.  So prepared.  "The field is white" with rice here in the Philippines.  I love you all.  Thank you for all of the prayers.  Ingat po.
Love Sister Raynor


Yea, know that am nothing; as to my strength am weak; therefore will not boast of   myself, but will boast of my God,for in His strength I can do all thingsyea, behold, many    mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever. Alma 12:26





Pictures: Just the view from our apartment/porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment