Sunday, December 29, 2013

Week 9 Philippines

Family po!
At the request of some family members who don’t believe that I am actually learning Tagalog, this is a letter that I wrote to my mission president in Taglish:
Magandang umaga po!
Mahirap ang linggong ito sa paborito ko at most prepared investigator si Sister Catalina left. Pumunta siya sa Manila to be with anak na lalaki niya para sa Pasko.  Sa Thursday, nagtext ako sa kanya ng tungkol sa susunod lesson.  Nagreply siya na hindi babalik siya sa San Felipe dahil sa tatay ng anak ni Catalina convinced her to stay with him sa Manila. Sinabi niya na alam niya na totoo and Simbahan at mahal niya kami pero kailangan niya ang maging karapat dapat sa pamamagitan ng kasal bago babalik siya at magiging baptized siya sa future.  This was a heart break para sa akin dahil si sister Catalina ay unang investigator ko na I began teaching with Lesson 1.  We has helped her sa pamamagitan ng maraming mga pagsubok at problema.  I miss her bawat araw pero alam ko na nalalaman niya na totoo ang Simbahan at she will find a daan to maging myembro.  I am beginning to notice some improvements sa Tagalog ko.  Maramdaman ko na kung wala si Sister Enguito, kaya ko maging okay. Pwede akong magturo lesson 1.  Ang lesson 1 ko ay hindi pa perpekto pero kaya ko iyan.  Hindi perpekto and tagalog ko pero pwede akong magusap with mga tao around me.  As mahal ko and mga tao, nais ko magusap sa mga tao learn Tagalog. Alam ko na as I focus sa work naming, I improve bawat araw.
Sister Raynor

I forgot my camera so I will send pictures of my Christmas next week.  Lets just say that it involved a lot of spaghetti and even more fish.  On Christmas Eve, we went in at 6 to avoid the drunks and made mashed potatoes (we didn’t have a masher and so they were pretty chunky) and carrots and Sister Hart made spaghetti (only we didn’t have sauce and so she tried to make some sauce out of ketchup and sugar—bumusok (fail)) .  We then sat there for two hours making balloon animals out of this weird kit I bought in the palenkey  (market).  Christmas Day, President Querido decided to do surprise interviews.  We also spent a lot of time eating sweet spaghetti with the hot pink hot dogs.  I had balut again.  I also had bloog- porridge, I would not recommend it.  It looks like dirt. We all ended up at Sister Trapsi’s house.  Sister Trapsi is an RM with two RM sons that work with us a lot.  She is nuts but in a good way, I think.  She told us a Taglish story about how on her mission she got up in the middle of the night to “urinate” and saw her companion with some man.  She is hilarious.  She always makes us break rules though, like Christmas morning she just walked straight into our house and would not leave (we are not allowed to let people into our house).  It was great talking to you on skype last week.   Well this is all the time I’ve got.  I love you all.  And I guess I’ll talk to you in 2014.  Pretty nuts.  Its almost been four months. 

Ashley- you should write me back.  I love you all.
Mahal kita.
Sister Raynor

No comments:

Post a Comment