Sunday, January 26, 2014

Week 13 Philippines

TO lahat kayo!
Kumusta po kayo!  This week has been interesting- but most weeks are interesting here in the Philippines.  So on Tuesday, I was actually sick.  I don't like being sick on the mission.  Because 1.) I'm in the Philippines and 2.) Its boring and 3.) I'm in the Philippines.  Someone gave us this cheese stuff- they don't have real dairy cheese here and so none of the cheese needs to be refrigerated-- and I got super sick.  I could not stop vomiting.  So we stayed in for an hour of proselyting time and then we went out.  By the time we got to the our first appointment, I had already thrown up twice in front of the branch members working with us.  So we decided to go home.  The nanay (mother) that we were working with told me to drink some hot water or tea and it will settle my stomach.  She then gave me some herbal tea.  When I got home, I made and drank the tea.  As I was drinking the last of it, I read the back of it.  Yep, it was a laxative tea.  So I was super sick that day.  (I don't know if that is appropriate to talk about--I no longer have any personal boundaries).  Then on Sunday I found out that she knew exactly what kind of tea it was.  I was SO mad.  On Wednesday, we had leadership training in Olongapo.  Then nothing exciting really happened until Sunday when we had two baptisms. I baptized my first family yesterday. Michelle and Jason Moyo. Jason, the dad, looked over when he saw his wife in white holding their 3 month old and started tearing up.  I said kumusta po kayo (how are you) and he said masaya(happy) and then I said Jason, your family is going to be together forever.  He broke down crying  and said alam ko na (I know that). So cool. They are so excited to go to the temple next year.  I'm so proud of them.  They are incredible.  I will add pictures of them at the bottom.  I love you all.  I hope that everyone is doing well.   Mahal kita.  Cubo.  Love Sister Raynor


This picture is me on this old bridge that is over a mote that leads to a drug lord's house.  Super pretty with the water lilies though.

An investigator's house.

A sign written by a Filipino trying to use English.

Michelle and Jason at their baptism.

Michelle and Jason's baptism--Elder Flores, Sister Pizon, Michelle, Jason, me, Elder Christensen
my first family

No comments:

Post a Comment