Sunday, February 23, 2014

Philippines Week 17

This week has gone by so fast.  On Wednesday, we have transfers.  I'm pretty nervous.  Sister Hart is already packed.  I am definitely not packed.  We both are pretty nervous.  Trying to do last minute things together just in case.  I have not been asleep before 11:45 once this week.  Each time I try to sleep, she comes into my room and sits on the ground and talks while flicking me each time I close my eyes.  So we are pretty stressed about transfers.  But this week has been pretty great:

Monday: I emailed from Subic and then we went with the Gorringes onto "the Base" (the old WW2 base).  It was so much fun.  They are so cute and SO American.  :) In the middle of walking around he goes "Wait, we need to go upstairs.  I need to get my girls some real Dairy Queen."  First real ice cream that we've had here in the Philippines, better than I remember.  It was a really really fun day.  

Tuesday: I went on exchanges to San Narciso.  I did not enjoy my time there.  I think I am a little bit spoiled with apartments because we have the nicest apartment in the mission right now.  I took a shower at their apartment--yep the water was completely yellow.  The tiles in the bathroom are all yellow because of the water.  I did not feel clean... 

Wednesday: I got home from exchanges and showered right away.  We then went out and taught.  I was pretty sick all day (I've had a cold for about a week).
  
Thursday: Sister Hart went on exchanges in San Narciso-that was not fun.  I was SO bored. This was the only time all week that I was able to go to bed on time.

Friday: No big deal but I kind of ate squid--I don't really recommend it to anyone.  I remember 6 months ago watching a Bizarre foods challenge on Survivor.  I thought it was so gross--dog, liver, frog, squid, balut.  Now no big deal.  I am glad to say that I have tried all of these things--almost-- we are having dinner at President delaCruz's on Tuesday before transfers.  He is making frog. Yuck. It's supposed to rain on Tuesday so at least they will be fresh...

Saturday: We discovered the plaza.  The town plaza is where everyone goes at night, they have games, bingo and food vendors.  It is so fun.  Of course, we dont hang out there or anything but someone told us that they sell footlong hotdogs.  We looked and yes they do.  And they even have REAL lettuce.  That was exciting.  
     On Saturday, we also had a bit of a scare.  I'm just going to start from the beginning of the night.  So it all started when we ran into the Elders and Sister Hart and Sister Laguerta at 7-11.  We decided that we needed to have a district meeting later that night so we all took our branch missionaries home.  On our way home, my companion Sister Pizon and I ran into a bunch of the YSA and talked to them for a little bit.  Then as we continued on our way, we saw a drunk man peeing on the street.  We thought nothing of it until he turned around and said, "Magandang gabi po Sister Raynor" - yep I now know him pretty well... When we got to the house, Sister Laguerta and Sister Hart were standing outside on the street freaking out because the light was on in the house and they heard a big bang inside.  So they called the Branch Mission Leader, our old Branch Mission Leader (it's his house that we rent), one of the YSA - Seth, he is in the Navy, and the Elders.  We had all of these people trying to see if someone was in the house.  It was pretty scary.  They actually all got to go inside the house (against church policy).  Good thing the house was clean :)  Turns out, it was my pet turkeys jumping on a pipe and us leaving a light on... Pretty lame. 
So that is my week.  I love you all and I hope everyone is sobrang masaya. 
I LOVE YOU.
SIster Raynor

PS: HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID!!!!!

Squid.  Enough said.  It was breaded but still like chewing a rubberband...

                                  Me chasing elder gorringe in a parking garage.


                              Opening cans Philippines style - with a knife.


                               Sister Hart putting a mask on her face.





No comments:

Post a Comment