Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Week 31 Arizona

So this last week was an interesting one to say the least. We Had a really good week as far as teaching goes, I think We taught 18 lessons with a member present at least 7 of those lessons were on facebook, and on that note, shout out to James Loveless for giving a bomb testimony yesterday! It made a huge difference for a friend I've been working with. We have finally figured out how to really use Facebook, and to use it well. 2 weeks ago, we made it a goal to make our Facebook time more effective and by changing our Facebook time to different hours of the day we were able to find "the golden hour" for Facebook. The days that we are on Facebook during "the golden hour" are usually the days that we can get 2 lessons during our Facebook hour. Its been such a blessing to be able to reach those who i was (maybe) a little to scared to talk to about "church stuff." On Wednesday, I had an awesome conversation with a friend from home and I wish that i had done it sooner (like before the mission.)

I also had an awesome lesson with another lady from my first area...and now she's praying for a baptismal date. This lady is what you'd call a dry Mormon. She goes to church with her family and she loves it, her husband and step son are members (active-now) but for some reason she hasn't gotten baptized. Right after I left that area, the missionaries decided that it was time to stop visiting her so she could have a little time to progress on her own. The question that I had always wanted to ask her was "why haven't you been baptized yet?" and on Tuesday, she was on Facebook and I just started a conversation with her. To give you an idea of how ready she is, I asked her how she's doing and this was her response:
          "Hi Sister Raynor! I'm doing very well. Actually just reading the June Ensign right now. How are you? Hope your mission work is going great & you are feeling loved."  
What nonmember reads the Ensign??? Anyways I asked her my question and she told me:
"Well, that's a challenging question that I'm pondering. You see, I do love the people & the beliefs & feel very refreshed in the teachings. My challenge is opposition from family. And I feel that I need to learn more & understand things to counteract that opposition. I'm praying for guidance & answers but I haven't found my testimony yet. So I just need some time." 
Her answer had me stumped for a few days, but then...revelation through showering... I knew what to study in personal study and this is what I shared with her that day:
"Sister Amadio, this morning I was studying about faith, I've been going through these phases where I just focus on a principle, but this morning I read something that made me think of you. It's from this book called True to the Faith, but this is what it says under faith:
"Faith is a principle of action and power. Whenever you work toward a worthy goal, you exercise faith. You show your hope for something that you cannot see, yet.'"  
After that we talked a bit more and now she is praying for a confirmation about August 9th to be baptized!!

What else?? So transfers calls came last night....and I'm staying!! Yay!!
That's all I have for today!! Love you,
Sister Raynor

Oh yeah, the picture is from yesterday, it was elder Jacobsen's last dinner as a missionary.





USE Facebook to do your missionary work! Every bit counts!

Hermana Ashley Raynor



easter.mormon.org
Jesus is the Son of God, our Savior and Redeemer. Because of Him, death is not the end, and life takes on new meaning. We can change, we can start over—and we can live again with God. This Easter, celebrate His life and discover all that’s possible because of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment