Thursday, July 31, 2014

Philippines Week 35

Well, this week was Fourth of July! I've never been so happy to have an American companion. To celebrate we wore red, white and blue and we managed to find a watermelon.  It definitely made me think of some good times with the Allen Family in Modesto. Below, is a really bad picture that a member took. He kept walking forward to show us the picture before it would flash and so there wasn't any that were good but yep.




As we are struggling to find ways to help the people in Abucay and the Abucay Ward, I have noticed a change within myself. I have changed from a “Me” missionary to a “we” missionary.  I find myself spending my time thinking about the people here more than about myself and my home.   

SO this week I have been studying a lot about the power and authority that is needed in  teaching.  I’ve been studying about how we need to fully consecrate our lives in order to have power and authority.  I read a verse about the sons of Mosiah in Alma 17:3
“But this is not all; they had given themselves to much prayer, and fasting; therefore they had the Spirit of prophecy and the spirit of revelation, and when they taught, they taught with power and authority of God”

We need to be willing to give up ourselves to the Lord. We put all other thoughts out of our minds and hearts and focus solely on His will. 

This week, I have realized that we need authority to preach His gospel.  We need moral authority. We need to live and apply the things that we preach and teach.
This moral authority will lead to Spiritual power which will:
·         Help us with this work
·         Guide as to what we should say/ what people need to hear
·         Become instruments in the Lord’s hands
I know that as we live to the standards that we teach, God will see our efforts and bless us accordingly. He wants to bless us.  He wants to guide us and I know that as he sees our diligence, he will strengthen us.

I love you all. Nagpapasalamat ako para sa mga pagdarasal ninyo.  Cubo.
Sister Raynor

Below are pictures of a really scary cemetery.  There are people who actually live there - this is where we were proselyting this past week!




No comments:

Post a Comment