Monday, April 21, 2014

Philippines Week 25

Hi family. 
           So this week has been a little strange and so I'm just going to write a little bit and send a ton of pictures next week. I left my camera in the car of one of the senior couples. This week has been insane. We had two baptisms and 26 new investigators.  This is a crazy high amount for our mission.  Because Abucay isn't used to Americans, I can get us into almost every house. Hmmm, it must be a gift! 
           Today we went to Mount Samat and a random lady came up to me and asked me to take a picture with her--because I'm white.  So strange, but it works. 
           Easter was kind of different. So here they have holy week. People walk around whipping themselves, carrying huge massive crosses, and singing.  There was blood everywhere, all over the sides of cars and tricycles.  One of our investigators even got blood sprayed on his shirt. Easter Sunday was a normal Sunday - even in our ward meeting. There weren't any Easter songs, talks, or anything. We ate rice - yum.  
          I really love my companion Sister Bautista.  I miss San Felipe but I'm grateful for the time that I had there.  I love you all.

Sister Raynor

PS: Saying of the week: Whenever we are "punted" from appointments we always say that we are walking the Bataan death march because it's so hot and we just walk - drenched in sweat.  We also sings songs like "put your should to the wheel," "pioneer children sang as they walked," and "onward christian soldiers."

I could use some extra prayers as well as my wrist is really bothering me and they have placed me back on heavy pain medication.  It's so frustrating.  Thanks and love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment