Sunday, April 27, 2014

Philippines Week 26

Hi family--just a short note to go with my millions of pictures. This week has been so incredible.  It has been amazing to see the progression both in myself, my Tagalog and our teaching as a companionship. We were so blessed this week.  We were able to teach 24 lessons to investigators with a member present - one short of the all time mission high and have 29 new investigators.  It is thrilling to be able to be an advocate of the Lord in these final days. He is preparing so many of His people to hear and accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Occasionally, there are people that choose to reject our message but I know that I have done my best as a missionary. It's especially difficult to see people fall away from the gospel when they know its true but there are bad examples of members and leaders. Alma 5:62. It tells people that those that are not members need to come unto Christ, repent and be baptized. And then it says if you ARE a member, come unto Christ repent and be baptized. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is perfect. Everything about it is perfect. The members however, are just people who make mistakes. We are not perfect. But sometimes God gives us a responsibility in the church to help us learn and grow.  Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ and repentance we can all become clean and be forgiven.  I know that this is the true church of God. I would give everything that I have for it.  How great is His work!  I love you all. 
Love Sister Raynor
PS. Mom--skype--two weeks!

Pictures of my wrist before surgery--swollen with a big bump where the tendons were rubbing against the metal.





Wrist after two weeks...




A sign in the bus terminal...


No comments:

Post a Comment