Sunday, September 21, 2014

Philippines Week 47

Sa aking magandang pamilya--
Kumusta na kayo?? Namimiss ko po kayo palagi pero napakaganda ang gawaing misyonero dito sa Pilipinas. Sana malusog at maligtas kayo sa inyong mga gawain. Sobrang crazy ang linggo ko.!!

To my beautiful family--
How are you? I miss you always but missionary work is very good here in the Philippines. Hopefully, you are all healthy and safe. My week was crazy.

So I am going to go through and bullet my week because all of the days kind of blurred together because of all the typhoons that hit here. (Sorry, my camera is broken and so I have 0 pictures). 

  • Teresita, my favorite investigator ever, is getting baptized on Saturday (right after transfers so I don't know if I will see it but it was cool because I was able to find and teach her all the way through the lessons). Love her.She is about 60 and CRAZY! I love it.
  • Teresita was interviewed this week by our District Leader and his Samoan companion came too. On the way back, a typhoon hit, umbrellas broke and we got pummelled with rain. So, the islander decides to try to start a water fight in the middle of the street in a HUGE DEEP baha (flood). Good times in the Philippines.
  • There were two bagyo (typhoons) that hit this week. We lost power. I think we probably changed clothes 2 or 3 times a day everyday this week because we were just constantly soaked. We also hardly slept because the rain was SOOO loud.
  • Because of the above bullet point, I have had a super wicked cold and sinus infection for about a week. I just started antibiotics.
  • I had exchanges with Sister Pilkington. It was like a slap of reality. She goes home in 3 months. 
  • I'm loving the members here in Abucay. We have transfers on Wednesday and i will be kind of sad if I leave the members buts I've been here 6 months and i could really use a change. 
  • Tender mercies that I listed in my journal this week:
  1. Teresita made us hot chocolate when she saw us coming to her house during the typhoon.
  2. Members that love the gospel. 
  3. The gift of tongues. So real.
  4. The knowledge that I will be going home in less than 6 months. This is the best part of my mission, because during the hard times it's starting to feel like there's some hope at the end of the tunnel, but during the good times I can still feel like I have some time left to enjoy my mission.
Well, I love you all so much. I hope everyone is doing good. I'm enjoying life on my little island in Asia.
Love (the better) Sister Raynor 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment