Saturday, September 20, 2014

Philippines Week 43

Warning: I am on an island in Asia and I’m thinking some deep thoughts.

There are two types of people in this world: those you love and those you do not yet understand.

My mission has not been easy. Honestly, I’ve struggled…probably more than I’d like to admit. I remember the first 3 months I don’t think that I have ever been so homesick. My next 3 months with Sister Pizon were so stressful. We had a HUGE language barrier and we were both still so new in the mission. At that point in my mission, everything seemed to tear down any type of self confidence that i had. Tagalog. Homesickness. Rejection. As I look back to when my mission seemed to change, I realize that everything that got so much easier when I realized a simple concept: Love.

  To quote Elder Holland: Take heart. Pure Christlike love flowing from true righteousness can change the world. My super talented sister, Rachel, once told me that “love can soften and break down anything”. I didn’t realize how true that was until I myself was broken down and humbled. I have seen hearts change because of simple, pure love. I know that I have seen vast improvements in my Tagalog because I gained a love of the people and desire to communicate with them.

I know that if I had not learned the importance of love, I would not be able to be companions with Sister Smith. My love for her is certainly not perfect. I don’t think anyone but our Father in Heaven has a perfect love. But I do love her. I enjoy learning from her. I am grateful for our time as companions.

I love this little island in Asia.


other crazy things...
  1. alimango--crab. pretty tasty
  2. met a lady with a weird creepy barbie collection.  she kept referring to me as her real barbie. it was strange. she had a bunch of different collections.


  1. Sister Malicdem (my mom here) had her birthday. 



HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MATTY.

Love Sister Raynor


One of the 9 pair of rubber shoes I've gone through thus far...


Just something cute along the path!



My Room and study area.


No comments:

Post a Comment