Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Week 42 Arizona

Hey Mamma-
Its been a crazy week so I've just put in all of my journal entries for this week... sorry I don't have a lot of time to write


We just finished having an amazing week. 
       Tuesday, my companion was super distracted and upset about something. She was driving us to District Meeting and we reached a stop light and then she just treated it like a stop sign. She stopped, then went. After District meeting, she asked Elder Diaz for a blessing. It was one of the most spiritual blessing that I have ever gotten to be apart of and it was awesome because he gave it to her in Spanish. Ever since Tuesday, we've been so much closer to Elder Diaz...that blessing was a moment. I know that God's power is once again back here on the earth and I'm so grateful for worthy priesthood holders and leaders. We found a new investigator that day and she is really awesome, her name is Irma.

        Wednesday was also a way Awesome day.. The Evergreen Ward had us teach the young women's activity that night and we taught about what mission life was like and why we chose to go on missions and we were able to bring an investigator and a recent convert with us to meet all of the girls and listed about what we do as missionaries. We then read from chapter 10 of Preach my Gospel and taught the girls how to use the scriptures while teaching someone about the gospel. We divided the girls into 4 companionships and Hermana Smuin and I were 2 investigators and then the recent convert and the non member were 2 investigators and they taught us their favorite scriptures using the model of explain the context, read with them, then apply it or their lives. The spirit was so strong. The nonmember, Julia, approached us afterwards with a bunch of questions about the baptism process. We ran from there to an awesome lesson with the Lindor family and a Ward missionary couple came with us and they provided great fellowship.

       Thursday was also bomb. It was the first time I have ever gone on splits. We got so much done and we were able to work in the Spanish and the English Ward at the same time. We finished the night with an awesome lesson with a Ward missionary couple. The work is much more fun when we are with the members.

       Friday we had a surprise meeting with President Toone and the whole entire mission, even all of the missionaries from Yuma came up. And he laid down the hammer! It was a blunt meeting, a lot of how we need to use Facebook and how we need to be examples. I really liked it. It helped me know exactly how I needed to change. There was no beating around the bush. 
And the cherry on top of this huge chocolate cake of a week, Saturday.....

       Saturday, we had the amazing opportunity to hear from a member of the Presiding Bishopric, Bishop Davies, a member of The Seventy, Elder Corbridge, and a member of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, Elder Christofferson.  The power in the room was definitely felt as we filed through and introduced ourselves while shaking these leaders' hands.  They talked to us about so many things, I took 4 pages of notes. At the beginning, he talked a lot about The Second Coming actually and our role in gathering a group of righteous people to welcome Jesus when He comes. But something that really struck me at the end was what Elder Christofferson taught us about the sin of rebelling against God. He said we need to stop all rebellions against Him and start doing His will. We must ask Him what He wants of us and then do it. He made the comparison to Satan and said that he was cast out of heaven because he rebelled against God and we need to be so cautious and careful because he is still recruiting. The time we have to serve the Lord as full time missionaries is too short to be wasted. That day we saw a lot of miracles and just had the greatest desire to work in the Lord's vineyard. That night we were driving in the car and Sister Smuin asked me, "alright, where to?" I felt super strongly like we needed to go visit this girl named Florentina, so we headed her way, and we had an amazing lesson about the peace that comes through the Holy Ghost with Florentina.

       Sunday was even more amazing. I was literally shocked that each day just got better and better. A recent convert's daughter came to church on Sunday and instead of going to Relief Society, we stayed out in the hall and talked to her. We had one of the most spiritual lessons. It was incredible. She accepted to be baptized on the 19th of October :) it was an absolute miracle. She's so prepared. Her name is Julia Morales. We ended the night with a Mission President's devotional and it was good to see everyone there. I was getting really nervous about transfer calls because usually they come around 9 or 10 on Sundays, right? But they never came!! I was so antsy. The zone leaders told us they were going to tell us in the morning. I was dying.
Today, we've been writing letters and still no calls. It's Killer. We just got a call...Sister Smuin is stepping up to be a Sister Training Leader. I'm so happy for her because I know this is what she wanted, but I'm also so sad because I know we wont be companions...my fate is still to be determined. Leadership calls go out before transfer calls. I'll let you know if I get a call.

(Sounds like I'm staying!!  - YEA!)
Love Sister/Hermana Raynor


This transfers transfer board...its like march madness for missionaries




Weekly district pic




 Me, Sister Smuin, and Elder Diaz- we found some name tags that say "Hello my name is"  I was Hope, she was Staci and he was Maru.






Ward Party















No comments:

Post a Comment