Friday, February 6, 2015

Philippines Week 57

Whatup my family?!?!

I'm just going to bullet-point my whole letter because I spent so much time sending pictures. But I love you all!
  • Well, last week I sprained my ankle. We were at the mission home playing Frisbee and... yeah...its sprained. But it was a pretty quick recovery. They rushed me to the hospital on the Naval Base for an x-ray because it was so swollen. And after one week I am glad to report that I am all good. I even, to the shock of President and Sister Dahle, was able to play Frisbee this morning. 
  • We had Missionary Leadership Council. I saw Sister Hart and all of my batch mates. Where I was in formed that there are only 99 days until I go home.  I don't know how i feel about that...
  • Sister Colina, one of my housemates, was sent home this week and so we have been working in a tri-some with Sister Lutao and finishing up her training. Their area is beautiful but HUGE which makes it hard to split up our time in both areas... So it has been hard to be away from the people that we teach in Matain. (The areas are about 30 minutes away from each other...)
  • President Dahle interviewed our former lesbian and drug addicted investigator. And she passed her interview and is super excited. She said that as she was leaving the church she was super excited and just wanted to dance around the basketball court but knew that that thought was just a result of the drugs that she used to take. Hilarious. I've never seen someones life change so much. She now wears a skirt to church and is reading the Book of Mormon for the second time--she is in Alma.She will be baptized next week.
  • HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOMMY!!
  • Elder Christensen and Elder Lugo (office elders) had their investigator baptized this week. The speaker at the baptism cancelled last minute. So, about 2 minutes before the baptism I was asked to give a ten minute talk. Then Elder Christensen said "President Dahle is coming so make sure that its good!" Not going to lie, I was a little nervous but then I remembered that President won't even understand Tagalog. I would not have been able to do that in Tagalog let alone English 14 months ago.  I am definitely overcoming any type of stage freight.
  • The next day, I was the backup chorister in Sacrament.
  • This morning, we went and played Frisbee. It was super fun because this is the first time that President AND Sister Dahle were able to play together. They are super cute. We played elders versus sisters so each time that the elders did anything that Sister Dahle didn't like, she would scold them. She is the best. 
Welp, that's all for this week. It has been a super crazy week. Transfers are on the 17th so I have one more week and then I will be on my last two transfers. I love you all!

Love, the Sister Raynor who writes longer letters

We are trying to start a ritual of taking pictures everynight--no matter how tired Sister Raynor is after work...



Me and my goats-->for Davywavy......


Yep sprained my ankle last week.... Not my best moment. But it was just a little sprain--it feels way better this week and its just bruised up...


 My Sweet Elder and Sister Gorringe...


No comments:

Post a Comment