Monday, February 16, 2015

Philippines Week 68



Kumusta ang aking family at mga kapatid?! I hope you are all doing great and awesome and wonderful and any other positive adjective. This week was a little all over this place as I went to Manila and had other meetings all over Olongapo and the mission. So I have it broken down into days. Pictures to come.





Monday- We went and got xrays taken to make sure that we all are good for departures. The hospital, Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, is a rather creepy place. We had to go down to the basement of a dimly lit, seemingly people-less hospital in order to find anyone to talk to. Strange experience. It was one of the more interesting hospitals that I've had the opportunity to roam. Then we went to the mission home to prepare for our trip to Manila. We ate pancakes and watched Meet the Mormons with our batchmates. Then Sister Hart and I got to sleep at the Gorringe's apartment-it was so much fun.

Tuesday- Started out driving at 4AM the 3.5 hours to Manila. We fingerprinted for 3 hours for our exit visas. Then we got to go to the temple. It was amazing.
 
Wednesday-I came back from Manila with the flu. I am so sick. But happy.

Thursday- We  spent a good chunk of time at a less actives house eating Indian mangoes.



Friday- Had my last MLC (Mission Leadership Council). Said a lot of hard goodbyes but was a super great day.
   





Saturday- Valentines Day-had dinner with the Mercurio family then Sister Hart surprised me with candles.




Sunday-We got a random text from Sister Dahle asking if shoe could work with us. So, Sister Dahle worked with us. Super fun. It was like a spiritual boost! Sister Dahle mentioned that she would like to go to those that would most benefit from her being there so we took her to Saricris. (A recent convert of a little under a year who has been having some family problems but has a desire to go on a mission.) As we were sharing with her about the joy of missionary work, I began asking her what she felt when she was baptized. She explained all about this great change that she felt in her heart after her baptism. It reminded me of a verse that President Dahle shared with me at the beginning of the training of Sister Lobaton: Alma 5:26 (And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?)

After she read the verse, I asked her what she felt "to sing the song of redeeming love" meant. She simply said- that is simple testimony. She explained to us that because she felt the change of heart, she needs to share it with others-she needs to sing the song of redeeming love. 

Even though, this seems like a simple thing, it mean a lot to me. As I am nearing the end of my mission, I feel like I have changed a lot. But this just reminded me of what I first felt when I decided to come on a mission. Who are we not to share what we know to be true. 

I know that God lives. I know that Christ is our Savior who perfectly loves and perfectly understands each of us. I know that God restored the perfect gospel of Jesus Christ through Joseph Smith. The Book of Mormon in the word of God. As we each read and pray about its truthfulness, we will come to know and feel of its power. We are blessed to have a living prophet who guides us in this time. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is God's kingdom here on the earth.

I love my mission. I love these people. I love the gospel.

I love you all. See you in 3 weeks!

Love Sister Raynor

No comments:

Post a Comment