Friday, February 6, 2015

Philippines Week 65

Family! Mga Kaibigan ko! Namimiss ko kayo! Excited ako na kita kita!

What up?!? I was thinking of you all a ton this week. I got to see a lot of my batch this week and the progression of each of my batchmates shocks me. It is so cool. Today, Sister Hart, Sister Udall and I become the oldest foreigner sisters in the mission. Crazy. Sister Enguito, my beloved trainer, goes home today. Transfer Day is on Wednesday and so that will be interesting. Sister Lobaton, my companion, has decided to go home due to family problems... 
So that increases my chances of this being my last area. As much as I don't want to be transferred for the last six weeks, that would mean that I would have only 3 areas (6 months in each). 
So this week in the Philippines...
  • On Tuesday we had my last zone conference. I got to see my batchmates here: Elders Hill, Jarvis and Christensen and Sister Anien. I also got to see one of my favorite companion Sister Bautista. My district leader from the MTC, Elder Jarvis, informed me that they are making him go home to have surgery on a broken rib. Super sad. There is a tradition at zone conference that the missionaries that will go home before the next zone conference bear their "final" testimony. That was super hard. I never thought that the thought of leaving the Philippines would be so painful. I am so grateful for the time that I have had here. For all of the things that I have learned and for the relationship that I have with my Father in Heaven. Pictures: me and the Gorringes; me, Elder Jarvis, Hill and Sister Anien, me and Sister Bautista and Elder Lugo, any other picture where I am wearing pink is from zone conference.
  • On Wednesday, Sister Lobaton decided to go home so we spent a good portion of the morning talking to President Dahle and getting her departure setup. She will leave this Wednesday...
  • On Thursday, we had weekly planning. Sister Hart and I started our last Missionary Planners. I also bought a deck of cards for my 72 Hours Kit... in case of boredom in a storm... they actually haven't made it into my kit because we have been playing speed and Egyptian war every night this week :) Super fun. We are going to see if SIster Dahle will let us borrow her Phase 10 for p-day later :)
  • On Friday: Finally, after living together for 8 months, Sister Hart and I went on our first ever exchanges together. We ended up going to a family home evening that night. It was super fun. Everyone kept asking if we were sisters (because we are both white and they are used to me being with a Filipina). Super fun. Below is a picture of my favorite little boy who is the grandson of the lady that we had the FHE with...
  • On Saturday, Sister Lobaton and I went on splits so that we could go find some new people to teach while still being able to visit our recent converts and the less actives in our area. So, Sister Lobaton went to visit people while I went finding for the day :) I worked with a recent convert named Saricris. She is 21 and very eager about the work. She will be putting her papers in the week that I leave.
  • On Sunday, we went to church to renew our covenants.  :) We then had a meeting to report on our work to the branch missionaries (pictures below). Then I got a call from Elder Christensen who called so that Elder Jarvis could say goodbye to me. It was, surprisingly, super hard to say goodbye. He has been a very good friend. But he lives in Grants Pass and is going to OSU so I'll see that kid around.Pictures from Sunday- I am wearing a black top. We took some district pictures.
  • The work here in the Philippines is progressing. We are teaching more and more people that are eagerly searching for things that will bless their lives. The people here are so humble and willing to accept the message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love it here.
I love you all so much! Have a great week!
Love, Sister Raynor

PS-to the other Sister Raynor (Ash)... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

















Also just remembered that I hate balut this week too. It wasnt as bad this time... But I did throw it up this time. The first time I did not throw up...


No comments:

Post a Comment